A friend whom I met at a wedding lunch told me that he is keen to get his power boat license (or PPCDL license). I replied saying, “Why not now?”
In fact, I personally feel now is the best time to get your PPCDL licence. Why? Below are 5 main reasons:
1. It could become more expensive to obtain the PPCDL in future due to rising demand and inflation.
2. It could be more difficult to pass the PPCDL, especially the handling test, due to more people applying for it and the authorities ultimately deciding to limit the number of licenses issues at any specific time.
3. Who knows? COE being applied to PPCDL & owning a boat in future?
4. More marinas are now available in Singapore compared to 10 years ago. Hence there would be more opportunities to partake in boating & sailing. Now even the famous Volvo Ocean Race has come to Asia.
5. Why not just get it and get it off your chest! 🙂
And I believe with the economic uncertainty now in Europe, US; which affects Asia as well, it is a buyers’ market in the boating scene. Time to scout around!